Another consumption is possible



I just came back from the Eastern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, in Baltimore, where I presented the paper "Providing visibility to the homeless people's work: when social currency and labor activities are put together to face marginalisation and extreme poverty". 

Regarding this oral presentation, I intended to bring the issue of exchange trading systems to the surface. I discussed about the alternative economic initiative of the Glicerio Fair, in the centre of São Paulo, organised for and by the homeless people underneath the Glicerio Flyover.

You can find the record of my oral presentation below. 

Many interesting papers were presented during these four days regarding the following issues: epistemological and methodological issues; community economies; intersectionality between gender, race, ethnicity, class and age; consumption studies, amongst other research themes. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas